Sunday, February 17, 2013

Success!

I know I have written about this before. I also know I am not alone.
Obsession about how to accomplish a look, a finding, a style, or in my case these fricken Russian Onion Domes.

I of course obsess about the shapes, linear motifs, and the texture.
I have used these domes as a jumping off point for a lot of my work. I keep going back to them and to this one in particular.





See those lines. They are dreamy. Wrapping themselves around the dome like ribbons.  Guess how hard it is to do those with thin strings of glass with a flame and spaced just so. I got pretty good at it, but never to a level that I felt really good about.

Well today on the torch....I kind of figured it out. 
Going to post the finished product tomorrow!

 

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it! I have been trying to figure out how to do that on a twisty stringer, like what I think they call reticello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you had me drawn right in knowing you were going to show me some gorgeous beads and What??? This was only a teaser. Can't wait till tomorrow to see these.

    ReplyDelete