Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Hey Look at my Butt!

Well here are the results! I totally need to work on perfecting it even more. So that means more time on the torch and thinner stringers of glass. 
 I adore the pattern on the end of the dome/pod. If I could figure out a way to make it and wear it like that, I would. Of course I will give that a try but so far I am stumped.

I love when a new obsession takes a hold of me. It's like I have no control over it. It is going to do what it needs even if I don't have time for it. It will invade my dreams, and make me antsy for the torch. I end up making excuses for unfinished projects just to get on the torch for a couple of hours to relieve the creative energy.

I am going to stock up the Etsy store soon. I promise!
 

 

6 comments:

  1. I'm impressed. I think you have done a fantastic job with the stringer work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Libby,
    Nice butt :)
    For a flat version, maybe you could make it off mandrel?

    You could make a short and wide cone to start with, lay down the lines, and melt it in really slow, into a disc shape.
    You might even be able to just heat it all up and squish it, like a maria, on your graphite. You may have to pluck out the center, so perhaps a bit of space between the lines.
    Then you have the rod on the back to make a loop with, out on the edge.

    That is my first thought anyway, but I must say I really like the shape as it is :)
    Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beads! Went to Etsy but the shelves were bare :( Are you going to have more available soon? :)

    ReplyDelete