Sunday, September 25, 2011

New Obsession

Dang it. I get so mad at myself when I get obsessed with a new bead shape. I just keep making them, and making them. Sometimes they work out like the Pod, but others have gone unnoticed by anyone but me. It's like I have to work it out of my system. Repeating it over and over until I move on. Might be a little OCD but oh well. 

So the first thing I am loving are these bead colleges. I have three so far and I want one to become my new postcard for shows and to include a post card in my Etsy sales. The one pictured is the newest one.

And now we come to the next obsession...those little melon beads you see in the picture. Here is a closer picture of just the melon beads. You can see it's really just a riff off of the pod, just smaller, different shape but still the groves in the glass. I love the texture. They are yummy to hold in your hands and I can't wait to work with them.
I have only a set of 7 on my Etsy site so if you want them snap em up quick.

The show with the the St. Louis Lampworkers was a hit. I got to be next to Mar and we had a blast, or rather she had a blast giving me shit. I forgot to bring a calculator, ran out of sales slips, forgot a mirror and Mar came to my rescue. I did not expect to have a tons of sales given the economy, but I had several repeat customers and I had a great show. So much fun! We have lots of talented bead makers in St. Louis. Rock on girls.

 

7 comments:

  1. I can see why you love making them, wonderful little beads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't say it... (Cliopod...) :-) Yup, we had a blast. It was fun having my booth next to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mar just remember I control the oxygen....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, love your melon beads!! Have a nice day, yours Doris

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE! And that first photo made me hyperventilate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE those beads! I am obsessed too!

    ReplyDelete