Sunday, June 22, 2014

Cold Worked Beads!




No I didn't fall off the face of the earth. Although it may have seemed like it. 



Every once in a while a passion or new technique will take hold of me. I immerse myself in it. I have to go with it until I feel it in every pore of my body. Here are some of my Cold Worked Glass Beads.


So coldworking had become my new obsession. I have traveled all over the country teaching my class and adding on coldworking. I even taught a week long class at Pittsburgh Glass, where their coldworking shop is a dream!

I use several different machines to make my beads. A belt sander, glass lathe, wet saw etc. I do not use a dremel. No coldworker would even consider a dremel a  coldworking tool! I wish it was that easy but alas it's not. These beads take me a long time, up to 3 hours! So here is some eye candy.


And more...
And more....

Thanks so much for stopping by!

3 comments: